You want an audio mixer to record multiple host podcasts. When using an XLR connector microphone, you want to connect it with an audio mixer or interface to connect it to the computer.The type of audio mixers you want largely depends on how many hosts are participating in the room and are recording podcast episodes.
An audio interface is the only alternative to the audio mixers. In general, they won’t have the same control over EQ, levels, gain, etc.In this article, we ranked and reviewed the 21 best audio mixers to use for podcasting and music productions this year.
Here is my top picks for the best audio mixers to use for podcasting and music productions this year.
- Behringer Xenyx Q502USB
- Rode Rodecaster Pro
- Yamaha AG03 & Yamaha AG06
- Allen & Heath ZEDI-8
- Pyle-Pro PAD10MXU
- Behringer Xenyx Q1202USB
- Behringer Xenyx 1204USB
- Yamaha MG10XU
- Mackie PROFX8 V2
- Behringer Xenyx Q802USB
- Mackie PROFX12 V2
- Allen & Heath ZEDi-10
- Allen & Heath ZED-12FX
- Soundcraft Signature 12MTK Multi-Track Mixer
I’ll start with my favorite audio mixer as of July 2022:
The Rodecaster Pro is the most powerful all in one audio mixer for podcasting. It delivers awesome sound quality and expansive features while being incredibly easy to use; it’s the ultimate tool for beginners and professionals alike. You can connect up to 4 mic with studio-grade preamp for crystal clear recording and use Bluetooth channels to integrate remote guests. It is all you will ever need to create incredible podcasts.Here is the key features of the rodecaster pro-audio mixer;
- The perfect all-in-one podcasting solution
- Four studio-grade XLR microphone inputs
- Smartphone, USB and Bluetooth™ channels for remote call integration with automatic mix-minus for echo-free audio
- Eight programmable sound pads, with eight banks available – load up to 64 sounds in total!
- Powerful onboard audio processing, including the legendary APHEX Aural Exciter™ and Big Bottom™ effects for next-level audio quality
- Record to microSD or a computer in stereo or multitrack for endless editing in post-production
- Incredibly easy to use
- Nine language options including English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
The Behringer Xenyx Q502USB is an awesome budget audio mixer for recording solo podcasts. It has 5 Inputs that allow you to effortlessly achieve premium-quality sound, thanks to its onboard studio-grade XENYX Mic Preamp and ultra-musical “British” channel EQ.
The Yamaha AG03 and AG06 are the best audio mixers for recording solo &2-person podcasts.Its a multi-purpose 6-channel mixer and high resolution (24-bit 192 kHz) 2-track audio recording /playback computer interface (MAC or PC).
The Allen & Heath ZEDI-8 is a 2×2 versatile audio mixer that gives podcasters, musicians and vocals artists a hand on control over the analog sound inputs & outputs.It includes a 100Hz High Pass Filter on every mono input allowing unneeded low frequencies to be removed; then the 3-band MusiQ EQ uses carefully selected frequencies to ensure your sound sculpting is always musical.
When choosing the best audio mixers for podcasting and music production, you want to consider the number of inputs&outputs you want properly set up all your podcasting equipment. I recommend getting the Rode Rodecaster Pro for podcasters in 2022.
Best Audio Mixer in 2022: Rode Rodecaster Pro