There are several podcast recording software you can use to record and edit podcast episodes. Most podcast recording and audio editing software work fine in both macOS and windows but you will some that are created by apple, meaning those will only work on macOS operating system.
In this article, we ranked and reviewed the 21 best podcast recording & audio editing software every podcaster should use this year.
Here is my top picks for the best podcast recording & audio editing software in 2022.
- Logic Pro
- Adobe Audition
- Hindenburg Journalist
- Music Radio Creative
I’ll start with my favorite podcast recording and audio editing software as of July 2022:
If you have a MacBook, then Garageband is the best DAW (digital audio workstation) software to use for podcast recording and audio editing.
Its lets you create separate tracks for music, intros and outros, ad spots, and more.
This is the best free podcast software choice for first-time and even experienced podcasters. Here is the key features of the Garageband software in 2022.
- You can add an audio track to your podcast using ios devices like iPhone or iPad.
- Tweak the podcast guest voices in real-time to optimize the file for professional podcast recording.
- It allows you to control EQ and mix compression
- You can add an unlimited number of audio tracks to your podcast.
- It offers the most user-friendly podcast recording and audio editing interface.
- Use the MIDI sound tool to add background music and intro to your podcast.
GarageBand is the free podcast production software created by Apple. Visit this link to download it from Apple’s app store.
The Logic Pro X is the best-paid music production and audio editing program for macOS users. The user interface pretty much matches the GarageBand software and but it offers more Advanced Tools.
It helps you to control the tone of individual tracks through Visual EQ.
Here is the key features of the logic pro X podcast recording & editing software in 2022:
- You can create and arrange podcasts, music, and audio tracks in real-time.
- Easily control multiple podcasting features right from your iPhone or iPad.
- You can create the best podcast episodes using EQs, dynamics processors, and other premium production effects.
Do you want to produce professional-quality audio, then Adobe Audition #1 podcast software for windows. You will get powerful podcast recording and editing features that allow you to polish the podcast episode that sounds great on every podcast listening platform.
If you want to produce multiple audio tracks on PC, the adobe audition podcast software allows you to create, mix, and design a multitude of sound effects.
On top of that, it comes with various non-destructive effects and sounds in the entire track or a clip. You can remove background noise to look more professional. Here are the key features of the adobe audition podcast recording and audio editing software in 2022.
- Eliminate background noise from the podcast recording
- Easily control the volume levels of various sounds
- Match the loudness of multiple podcast guests to keep the overall podcast episode loudness at standard levels.
- You can add more than 50 audio effects at one time
- mix different audio tracks easily and produce a final audio tracks
You can get adobe audition software free when you subscribe to adobe creative cloud, But if you want to purchase it individually, it will cost you around $20/per month.
Audacity is an open-source audio editor software used for recording and editing podcasts. When you use this podcast recording software, you no longer need to use any other expensive digital audio workstations to record podcast episodes. Here are the key features of the Audacity podcast recording software in 2022.
- High audio quality (Supports 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit)
- You can import/export audios in numerous formats
- Easy podcast recording & editing options
- You add and review special effects(including -LADSPA, LV2, VST) in real-time.
- it’s entirely free.
- You get the ability to record live audio, either using a microphone or a mixer.
Audacity is a free, open-source podcast software, so there is no additional cost to record and edit podcast episodes. Visit this link to download this podcast software.
Hindenburg Journalist is a paid podcast production program for $95.
If you are looking to create a podcast episode using different clips and interviews, then this is a great place to look for.
Buzzsprout is the best podcast software to host your audio files and submit them to apple podcasts, google podcasts, Spotify, and other podcast directories. It has an awesome podcast embedded player that you can share on your website. When you use Buzzsprout podcast hosting software to host your audio files, your podcast can be easily submitted to these podcast listening apps.
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music
- TuneIn + Alexa
- Podcast Addict
- Pocket Casts
- Listen Notes
- Player FM
- Podcast Index
Here is the list of key features of the Buzzsprout podcast hosting software in 2022:
- 90 days of Free podcast hosting
- Easily create a show and publish podcast episodes
- podcast stats
- Podcast embedded player
- Magic Mastering to make the podcast audio files more professional
- It integrates with all podcast directories to make podcast distribution simple.
Buzzsprouts paid pricing plan starts at $12/month for uploading 2 hrs of podcast episodes per month. But you can also sign up for their free plan to host your podcast for 90 days. Visit this link to get a $20 amazon gift card when you sign up for Buzzsprout to host audio files in 2022.
Anchor is the best free podcast software to record and edit podcasts on mobile.It is available in both android and ios versions. If you are someone who wants to record the podcast on a smartphone, then the Anchor app is an excellent option. Here is the key features of the anchor mobile podcast recording app.
- Easy podcast recording and editing
- One-click podcast distribution to all podcast directories.
- Record podcast episodes with friends or even invite multiple guests
- Podcast stats to track the performances
- You can add podcast intro, background music, transition effects, voice messages, or even import audio to your podcast.
Anchor app is free to use. Visit this link to download this app from the Apple Appstore.
Riverside is an easy-to-use remote podcast recording software for beginners. It allows you to record video podcasts in up to 4k HD quality and audio tracks in both mp3 &wav format.
Riverside’s free plan allows you to record up to 2 hrs of the podcast with separate tracks every month. You can always upgrade to their pro plan when you want to record more hrs of podcast episodes.
If you don’t want to use complex podcast editing software, then alitu is an excellent option. It makes your podcast production process as simple as possible. You can add intros/outros to your audio files and export them easily.
Iris is the best professional podcasting software for recording remote podcasts. They allow you to record HD quality video and provide separate audio tracks in both mp3 &wav formats. Here is the key features of Iris podcasting platform in 2022.
- No Internet connection issues
- Video that’s never choppy or pixelated
- Audio that is crystal clear
- No Software to download
- Works with any browser and device
- HD Video & Audio
- Your video and audio are always safe
- Record now or schedule for later
- Separate Video & Audio Files For Each Guest
- Custom Recording Rooms
- Team members accounts
- Automatic upload to Google Drive & Dropbox
- Custom Recording Rooms
- Live broadcast to Youtube/Twitter/Facebook.
Iris’s pricing plan starts at $9/month for 2 hrs of podcast recording with separate audio and video tracks.
Wavve is the best podcast software to use for creating podcast audiograms. It lets you create shareable audio clips to promote your podcast on different social media platforms.
Music Radio Creative is the best place to go for outsourcing podcast intro/outro. Having a third party introduces you to the show feels awesome.
On top of that, You can easily find many voice artists to make a podcast intro/outro or jingles at a minimal cost. This website lets you preview different voices so that you can choose the right voice artist for the show.
This is the best speech-to-text transcription software for professionals. It is an awesome podcast software that allows you to convert a podcast into a blog post. You can share the post on your website, and it will help you to rank on search engines better.
I highly recommend Rev podcasting software – as they’re fast and can handle multiple speakers. Rev podcast transcription pricing plan starts at $1.50 / minute.
Each of these podcast software comes up with its unique sets of features and capabilities. But all of these podcast software will allow you to record and edit podcasts efficiently.
If you want to host multiple host podcast shows, you want to go with podcast software with advanced podcast recording capabilities like Apple Logic Pro X and Adobe audition. However, if you don’t want to go with a complex podcast recording and editing setup, Anchor is the #1 podcast software to use in 2022.
Further Reading on podcastwhiteboard.com: Check out my full guide on how to start a podcast, the best podcast hosting, and the best remote recording platforms for long-distance podcast interviews.