You want to use a pop filter to reduce popping sounds coming into the microphone.In this article, we ranked and reviewed the 11 top filters to consider getting for recording vocals in 2022.
Here is my top picks for the best pop filters to use for recording vocals this year.
- Stedman Corporation Proscreen XL
- Auphonix 6-inch Pop Filter
- Blue The Pop
- Aston Microphones SwiftShield
- Nady MPF-6
- Avantone PS-1 PRO-SHIELD
- On-Stage Stands ASFSS6GB Dual-Screen
- Avantone PS-1 PRO-SHIELD
- WindTech PopGuard 2000
- Pauly Ton Pauly Superscreen
I’ll start with my favorite pop filter for recording vocals as of July 2022:
The Stedman Corporation Proscreen XL is my #1 pick for the best pro-level microphone pop filter to use for vocal recordings in 2022. It has a large 6″ diameter screen with a rubber bezel and includes a 13″ flexible gooseneck with an extended adjustable clamp that allows easy adjustment and placement.
Here is the key features of this mic Pro screen XL mic pop filter model:
- Length: 26.5″
- Weight: 10 oz.
- Screen diameter: 6″
- Clamp range: .39″
This 6-inch pop filter from Auphonix is widely used in studio recordings, podcasting studios, and live streaming on youtube.If you are a singer, voiceover artist or podcast host, you want your voice to be heard. This microphone pop filter helps block any hisses, popping sounds, or thuds to provide you with clean audio essential for creating professional-level content.
If you already own a blue yeti or any blue-made microphone, then Blue The Pop is what you want. It is an all-metal body pop filter with a strong gooseneck and clamp.This pop filter helps reduce popping sounds getting fast moving air hits the microphone.It easily clamps to mic stand for ideal positioning
The Avantone PS-1 PRO-SHIELD is the finest studio pop filter in the world! It allows close work on a mic to capture a more intimate/full sound without overloading the capsule with “plosive” blasts.
This microphone pop filter is constructed with an acoustically transparent metal screen that yields sonically superb results in-studio applications.
The Nady MPF-6 model pop filter is an anti-pop noise protection filter for microphones and is designed to use for podcasting studio use and other professional vocal recording environments. Here is the key features of this
Nady MPF-6 model pop filter.
- Top-rated professional pop filter for vocal microphones
- Multi-positional windscreen for optimum performance
- Stops plosives and protects your mic
- Includes boom and microphone stand clamp
- Swivel mount for easy positioning, plus extra-long and flexible gooseneck holder
The Aston Microphones SwiftShield pop filter is a combination of aston swift shock mount and aston shield pop filter into one bundle that gives you the perfect setup for your podcasting and vocal recording studio.
Here is the key features of this Aston Microphones SwiftShield model pop filter:
- Universal mic mount fits mics 40 to 60-millimeter diameter
- Ultimate mechanical isolation with Aston’s ‘shock star’ technology
- Super hard wearing aluminum and glass filled nylon construction
- Ultra swift proprietary mounting system
- Solid stainless steel pop shield with ‘hex Tech’ filter holes
The On-Stage Stands ASFSS6GB Dual-Screen pop filter prevents undesirable vocal plosives from improving the recording sound quality.
It includes a clamp that securely attaches the pop blocker to mic stands, and it has a flexible gooseneck that allows you to precisely position the screens between the mic and vocalists.Here is the key features of this On-Stage Stands ASFSS6GB model pop filter.
- Dual screen
- Non-conductive dual hoops with snap ring stretch the filter taut
- Micro-weave nylon filter diffuses vocal thrusts, without altering its natural sound
- 11.5-inch flexible gooseneck locks into any position without making a noise
- Easy-grip C-clamp with nylon tipped screw firmly attaches onto any microphone stand or boom
The WindTech PopGuard 2000 pop filter is the perfect pop filter to get in 2022 only if you are using a large diameter condenser or dynamic microphone. This pop filter is an attractive, moisture-resistant way to prevent plosive sounds (popping) and moisture from affecting your recordings. Here is a couple of highlights for the WindTech PopGuard 2000 pop filter.
- Acoustically transparent
- Stops “plosive” sounds
- Moves with the microphone
- Fits microphones from 1.82 – 2.67″ (46 to 68mm)
- Lightweight weighs less than 1 ounce
- Hydrophobic – helps stop moisture
- Easy to clean surface
- Attaches in seconds